
{Adeline's self portrait}
I think we have had a little breakthrough around here! For the first time in Adeline's LIFE, she is drinking a glass of chocolate milk.... even better, she is asking to drink a glass of milk! She has always been a milk hater and the ONLY time she would ever get any is if we could convince her to put it in her cereal (which didn't happen too often).
I had parent teacher conferences yesterday with Adeline's teacher (pretty funny I think since she is in preschool), and they went pretty well. I loved seeing some of the things that Adeline has been doing in class and some of the things she has created. The feedback that she gave me was that Adeline hardly ever talks and is very shy. Uh, where did that come from?? I have seen her be very shy in large groups, but for sure thought that after a couple months of being in preschool that she would be her little "jibber jabber" self and playing with all the kids. I guess she only really plays with other kids when she is asked to. Very strange since this is complete opposite of how I know her. Hopefully she will get out of her shell more! She told me " I know she must have a good vocabulary and stuff, but I never hear her talk!"..... Uh, that is pretty funny to me! She NEVER stops talking to me and asks question after question.
1 comment:
My kids are totally like this too. Ginnie is loud, silly and bossy at home. But extremely quiet at preschool and church. Hyrum is the same way.
Were you that way growing up at all?
Dan and I both were so we know where they get it from.
Post a Comment