Sunday, October 10, 2010

Adeline Started Ballet/Dance

Last week was Adeline's first day of dance class. The teacher seems pretty strict and the parents are not allowed in the class room at all. There is a room right next door to the dance class and you can watch the class on a big screen TV. She is the youngest in the class and I was not to sure how well she would do. She listened and did whatever the teacher wanted her to do. She LOVED it! She is pretty much burned out from soccer and ends up laying on the floor half way through. She is one of the only girls and I think she is a little intimidated as well. SO I think dance will work out better for her. At the end of the year they have a performance at the theatre in costumes. Her dance is a combination of ballet, tap & gymnastics.








on the way to dance...


Pictures of Adeline in dance class on the TV screen :)

Look how much smaller Adeline is compared to all the other girls!!!




***
Since I did a Norah post last, I figured I would update on Adeline as well-

At 3 years 2 months Adeline is:

-more INDEPENDENT than ever!
-Thinks she is an equal to Abe & I... this makes it interesting. Whoever said 2 is hard was totally wrong. I thought 2 was pretty easy, but 3 is a lot more tricky!
-LOVES to dance
-LOVES to sing. Adeline is always making up songs. In her preschool class they sing "I love Adeline (or another kids name), Adeline is our friend, we love Adeline & here we go again!" She will add whatever to this song... "I love GOLDFISH, goldfish are my friend...."
-She is VERY creative and is alway making up stories and playing make pretend.
-Is showing a lot more interest in writing her letters.
-LOVES preschool and is mad if it is Saturday or Sunday and she can't go. Loves her teacher Miss Kelly.
-She is a little mommy & helper. The teacher says she is always trying to help the little kids when they need it. Like at snack time she helps all the kids open their snacks :)
-Still loves clothes and changes her outfit constantly
-Wants to go to the park everyday
-Is very in to talking on the phone right now. Either make pretend or to a real person.
-Is too much obsessed with chewing gum (but is great at it)
-Loves going on walks and throws a fit if we for some reason have to drive to school
-Still obsessed with "princesses & Dora"
-Loves her little sister Norah

3 comments:

~Conradis~ said...

isn't Old Navy great! We have the SAME pink leotard for Dancey-Dance! How exciting! There is a reward after all the practices, and thats what makes it all the more fun to take them! Don't worry mine is the smallest too! There is nothing wrong with petite little girls, in the end everybody watched the littlest ones! She will be a STAR!

Meg said...

Wow, we have been without internet for a while and I've missed a lot! I love reading about what you guys are up to and really love all the pictures - your girls are darling! Adeline's little dance outfit is super cute, as is her soccer one. Miss you!

Derek & Penny said...

She is so adorable! Honestly your girls are so cute and seem to have great personalities.