Thursday, September 23, 2010

I deserve the "Worst Mother of the Year" award....

So yesterday I got my friend (who just had a baby three weeks ago) to come to Parlee Farms with me. I wanted to check it out because I have a clients that wants me to take pictures of their kids there. So as we were driving there, Adeline starts whining that she wants her drink. She is sitting in the very back of my SUV with her little friend and in the middle are our two little babies. I told her no because I didn't want to have to throw a full sippy cup all the way to the back of the car. As she complained a little more, I thought I would try and throw it to her. In an effort not to crash my car I turned and threw the sippy cup at her. Well, I could tell as it was flying through the air that it was going to hit her in the forehead. It did. SMACK in the middle of her head... a FULL sippy cup. She started screaming bloody murder and turned and hid her head in the side of the car seat. I of course felt SOO bad and was also laughing a little bit because it was such a horrible throw (and a great shot at her head). She wouldn't talk to me or stop crying for a good ten minutes. When we were just around the corner from the farm I said " Hey Adeline, can you help me find the farm? I think it's right here!" She popped her head up and said "There it is!". Wow, she popped up her head up and recovered quickly after all that! She had snot all over her face and her hair was a mess.


So, when we actually got to the farm we had a blast. We had a picnic with our packed lunches, picked pumpkins, fed animals, ran around... etc. It was Anna's first time "out" with her newborn and she did really well!

{Anna & Azelie}


{Adeline's pumpkin she picked for Norah. A baby pumpkin for a baby. I told her she could pick a huge one and hers was not that much bigger :) }


{Benjamin & Adeline}


{Feeding the goats}





{Running through the "pick your own flower" fields}




{running on top of the haystacks}

7 comments:

Tami H. said...

That is a funny story! Poor adeline :) That farm looks awesome!

Brooke said...

whatever.....that is NOT deserving of worst mom of the year. Don't be so hard on yourself. Sounds like an accident to me! You do need to work on your throws though. ;)

That place does look pretty cool. You've done so many fun things. I'm a little jealous!

Miss ya'll!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't stop laughing, what a funny story!! We miss you guys like crazy! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Ohh and Worst Mother of the Year award...hardly!!! xoxo

Campbell Family said...

ha ha ha!! Still laughing about the sippy cup :) You guys have such neat places to go out there, especially this time of year!

Carley and Chad Evenson said...

haha, love it! You could have thrown it at her head on purpose so obviously your not the worst mom:)

~Conradis~ said...

That is a funny story, I think we all have stories like that, Hey, it happens when you are a mom!