Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bless her heart

The other night when I put Adeline to bed, I put her in zip up, one piece flannel pajamas. Of course I put a diaper on her because even though she insists on wearing panties, she is just too young to make it through the night without wetting the bed. At least for now. So pretty much every night we get into a little argument about it until she finally gives in and lets me put it on.

Now, if you don't know Adeline's personality very well, she is just about the MOST INDEPENDENT barely 2 year old that I am aware of. She HAS to pick exactly what she is going to wear every day and sometimes it takes up to an hour. She also HAS to put on every item of clothing ALL BY HERSELF. She has to pick out exactly what she is going to eat, in what color bowl, with what color spoon, etc... You get the point. She won't even let me help her click her into her car seat. At least she is capable of doing these things by herself.

Back to my story... so I put her to bed the other night. When I went to check on her a couple hours later, she was sound asleep in her bed, however, she had changed her entire outfit. This is how I found her:

She took off her one piece flannel pj's, took off her diaper, put on a t-shirt, a coat, underwear, pj bottoms, 2 different colored socks, and SHOES! I could not stop laughing. She is so funny.

While we are talking about Adeline, here are a couple of videos I'm sure the grandparents will like:

{gymnastics class}


{a little interview w/ Adeline}


Right now Adeline:

-LOVES to do the dishes. And she is actually pretty good at it.
-Is very social and talks to random people while we are out... even telling them about her panties and such
-Whenever we offer her something and she doesn't want it, she says "um, i'd ok", (I'm ok)
-always says "a kiss and a hug?", and wants to give you one
-loves cats, the color pink, books, kids, babies, talking on the phone, being outside, shopping, candy, princess dresses (or anything princess), gymnastics
-thinks her baby sister is in her tummy. She always asks me to place her hand on her belly and makes it move and tells me the baby is awake and kicking
-Talks, talks and talks... she never stops talking
-very sensitive to others and caring
-loves singing

10 comments:

Sassy said...

That is all very cute and very funny! You sure have your hands full! Sounds like you are having fun!

Brooke said...

cute videos! That is so funny that Adeline got up and changed her clothes! Did she stay dry the entire night?! What a cutie!

Ashley said...

That story is hillarious! I think all kids push their will on those things eventually, she is just doing it so young. I love that she changed! So Thomas put up a huge fight for a diaper at night a while ago too, and I would go in and put one on him over his clothes after he fell asleep until he woke up dry consistently. THat way I wasn't always washing sheets.

The Waites said...

What a cute little girl!! We love watching the videos of her. I LOVE the picture of her in her crib with her shoes on! How funny!!!

Tami H. said...

LOVE the outfit, that looks like it took quite a bit of effort:)

Katie said...

She is so funny! Girls and their clothes. It is amazing how little kids can have such an opinion about things.

Campbell Family said...

I can't believe she changed all her clothes like that! What a sweetheart, I so with her and Jo could play with each other daily, they are like twins with their interests.

Campbell Family said...

sorry, meant to say "wish" her and Jo could play more. I'm tired :)

Laura said...

Wow! That is impressive and hilarious! I'm seriously impressed that she changed EVERYTHING! I'm still trying to convince Dallin to start putting on his clothes by himself--he couldn't care less.

Tanna said...

Love it! And the outfit is fabulous! Don't be surprised if she doesn't want you to do more for her when the new baby comes though. A little jealousy you know at first. Too cute!