Thursday, October 8, 2009

Scare

So last night before I put Adeline to bed I started having back and stomach pain. A couple hours later, still hurting. However, at this point, I was actually having painful contractions at different intervals and they were getting stronger. So I laid on the couch for awhile to see if me resting (I seem to have a problem with that concept lately) would help, but it didn't. After laying in the bath for awhile and still having contractions, my doctor told me to come into labor and delivery.

What was determined? Not much. The test to make sure I wasn't going into pre-term labor could not be determined, but everything else looks good... except that I kept having contractions. They monitored those and the baby's heartbeat while I was there. They finally put me on an IV and then had to give me a shot to get rid of my contractions, which worked thank goodness! We got back home just before 4am and crashed. Today I am feeling much better and am hoping that I don't start having contractions again. Their advise...? Keep it easy.

11 comments:

broni said...

I'm so glad you and baby are ok.

Katy said...

I had the same thing happen with Max. It's so scary! Relax, drink lots of water and we'll keep you in our prayers:)

Brooke said...

whoa! Glad everything is okay. You are on the go all the time....guess it's time to rest up :) If you need us to watch Adeline so you can rest, call me. i know she keeps you on your toes!!

Jocie said...

That is so So scary! When I was at the hospital a lady came in waay in labor and it totally freaked me out cuz I was not supposed to be. Anyway, My physical therapist says I have to lay down in the afternoon. Not just sit, lay down. It really helps my back pain and then I don't have to go see her all the time. Still, I have to try and remember to DO it.

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

I am so glad to hear that you and the baby are doing ok. That is not fun at all. I had a similiar experience with Alexander...Take the advice and take it real easy. What a frightening scare. Glad to hear you are ok.

Tracy said...

You need to relax, missy! :) I'm so glad everything turned out okay. Keep us posted & I'm praying for you! - Tracy

AshlieM said...

That's scary! That happened to my sister in law and she was also put on a prescription to stop contractions. She went full term. Good luck, and I hope everything goes well

Shelby and Johnny Family said...

and there you were at my shower tonight!! nicole, let me take adeline sometime this upcoming week. you're more than welcome to come over too, but i still owe you a day free from mommy duties!! it was really nice to see you tonight though.

Campbell Family said...

Seriously Nicole, that is scary!!! Dad just told me about it and I hadn't seen your blog yet! You do need to take it easy, nothing else is that important.

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

What a scare! I'm glad they sent you home with baby in tact. Hope you can take it easy now. Seriously, how easy does it get with a two year old around, right?

brandy said...

The same thing happened to me and it is so scary! So glad you are okay. If that happens again or if you just want a nap, please let me know. We would love to have Adeline come over to play.