Wednesday, February 4, 2009

18 Month Well Baby

Now that Adeline is 18 months, we had her well baby check up today.

Her Stats:

Weight: 19.2 lbs doesn't chart
height: 32 inches 60-70%
head: 46.5 cm

The doctor said that she is doing great and is well above her developmental milestones. There has got to be something not so good though, right? Well, Adeline is still well below the charts in her weight and has even dropped off a little more than last time. My doctor says he believes me when I say it is pretty normal in my family to be low or off on the charts, but he feels at this point we need to start doing some tests just to confirm either way. I am kind of annoyed by this, however I really like her pediatrician and I can understand where he is coming from. Now I am a little worried though that something is going to come out abnormal. I hope not! However, if everything is fine like I think... then they can all stop bugging me that she is so small!! His one concern is that she could have Celiac's Disease because she is so skinny and has a large little belly.... which is pretty normal too.... but we'll see what the results say.

SO... poor little thing had to get a catheter today and her blood drawn. She did so well and never even cried! I don't even think she realized that she was pricked and was getting her blood drawn because she was so excited about getting a sucker. What a champ! I was supposed to get her immunizations today, but I didn't want to put her through too much and will do it sometime in the next week.

Yesterday I did a little photo shoot to get some cute pictures for Valentines day. I took some of Adeline and my friends little girls. Here is a cute one of Adeline getting her "nacks" (fruit snacks). She will do anything for candy! I will post some more on Valentines day!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh man, that totally stinks that she had to get all that done. I am glad she was a good sport about it though. I am sure everything is fine, as you are, and like you said, at least this will put everyone to rest from worrying! Your pictures are so great, you are really good at that. It's funny I was going to do a similar V-day post too! Haha, great minds think alike.

Sassy said...

Oh, I am so sorry! For your sake (and her's) I pray that she doesn't have Celiac's. It totally sucks!! Thankfully, she will never remember the torture she went through!!

Maria said...

Sorry about all of the tests! I am sure she is fine!! I LOVE the tutu picture, TOO adorable!

The Crookstons said...

That stinks that she has to have the tests. I bet she is fine also. What a cute little girl.