Today I received plastic surgery. Never thought I would experience it. On Thanksgiving, my left ear decided to completely split open. Forever I had problems with that earring hole. Both of my ears were pierced bad or something. The holes were so low and my skin was so thin, that the holes just got bigger and bigger. I didn't even know that my ear had split open. My earring kept falling out, which wasn't unusual because my hole was so big sometimes it would completely fall through. Finally Abe told me to stop putting it back in because it was ripped. Whoops. Everyone told me that our insurance wouldn't pay for it because it is cosmetic (and we are military, so our insurance is pretty much 100%). So I went to a local plastic surgeon and had a consult. $250 per ear = $500. My right ear wasn't split open, but it was pretty saggy and had potential to rip open someday. WELL, I decided to try and see if the military would pay for it. After not even having to beg my doctor, he gave me a referral to plastic surgery. I was able to walk right in to the hospital, get my surgery done today and go back home within an hour to an hour and a half. And the cost? FREE!!! I love the military!! Adeline was free when I had her, all our appointments are free, prescriptions are free, and I just got plastic surgery for FREE!
Before:

After:


9 comments:
Wow, who would have thought. Do you have to re-pierce your ears now? I liked the free military stuff too. Except when they thought I broke my foot and only had a surgeon to look at it. Guess what, he wanted to do surgery. It wasn't even broken, just really bad tendonitis. Special. That was Vegas, Tucson was waaay better. All bases are not the same.
The military IS great! Yay for free birth control! :)
I'm glad you got your ear fixed. That was gross. I can't believe my sister got plastic surgery!! Haha.
Dang that picture is pretty dang.... freaky to look at :) LOL No offense! That is awesome that you got all that done for FREE! What I would give to have insurance.... maybe I should join the military
I am glad that the military paid for your ear. I didn't even know that your earring hole split. Yay for free plastic surgery!
so can you still wear earings???? Do you have to get them pierced again?
Just so you know, Jake had a huge belly. He wasn't as small as Addie, but he was pretty little. He looked like one of those starving ethiopian kids. maybe that will calm you!
Wow, free plastic surgery! Are you hooked :) I'm happy you got your ears all taken care of...they look great...can you wear earrings again?
ew. grosssssssss.
I am so glad you got it fixed...and free! Even better! Thanks for calling the other day...I had a great birthday. Thanks for remembering!! You are the best! Love and miss you!
it's good to know that that can even be done. I know that one of these day Jack is going to just pull an earring till it rips. And how great is it that it was totally FREE. I love free.
Post a Comment