Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow days

It has been snowing like crazy here. Apparently most schools were closed yesterday even though it was just the start of the storm and there wasn't too much snow on the ground. Abe still had to go to school. However today it seems like everything is closed. After it snowed all day yesterday, we had an ice storm last night... and then it started snowing again. So we have snow, then ice, now snow again. Doesn't sound like the best driving conditions.

I thought Adeline would like being out in the snow yesterday while I shoveled some driveways. She just cried the entire time and ripped off her gloves. Maybe next time she will like it better when she is getting attention.

Adeline loved sitting by the window yesterday to watch the snow fall and see the kids playing outside.

Today I am pretty sore. I went to a mommy and baby workout class on base yesterday. I have gone a handful of times, but never regularly... but I need to! It is such a good workout and because it is on base, it is FREE! You bring your kids and they pretty much run around in the room while you get your butt kicked. Yesterday as soon as we got there, the instructor (who is like a boot camp instructor) sent us to the spinning room to do some spinning classes. What a workout!

Well, I guess I get a nice relaxing day with my husband home.... that means a little Wii time! (even though Abe is stressed out because he needs to get work done.... maybe he will sneak on base anyway:)

3 comments:

Creel Family said...

Those are some cute pictures of Adeline! I hope you enjoy your day off with Abe. Mikey was the same way with the snow. He loved watching it, but was pretty unhappy when he was actually in it. I need to call you. I just always don't think of it until later and it's dinner time and bed time where you are. I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Maria said...

She is too cute!! Glad you enjoyed the workout! I wish I could go with you! You really need to live closer:)

Meg said...

I heard it's been snowing a lot out where you are - that's funny Adeline doesn't like it. She's a cutie!