The first 7-8 miles I felt so good and we were running just over a 9 mile pace. But then I did something I shouldn't have... I ate a gel pack to boost my energy. At mile 11 I was pretty tired and so we decided to walk for the first time... just for a couple of minutes. At mile 12, I had to make an emergency bathroom break. I don't think my stomach like the gel pack so much. We ended up finishing in 2 hours 18 minutes (about a 10 min, 38 sec mile). Of course I am mad that we ever walked a couple of minutes now, because I probably wouldn't have had to go to the bathroom and we would have finished in less than a 10 minute mile pace. Oh well. All in all, I feel pretty good about it and we had a great time!
The first day that Roni was here, we went to a park nearby. There was a pretty big slide that is built into the side of the hill. Of course Abe made Adeline go down it all by herself. Who knows if she liked it. She just had a serious face on the whole time and never cracked a smile. But when Abe would take her to the top, she would try to go down again. There was a bump in the middle of the slide that I thought she may fly off of because she was getting some pretty serious speed. She was a good sport and she didn't get any injuries :)
We are sad that Roni left this morning. We miss you already!
10 comments:
Good for you...That is so awesome Nicole. Too bad about the Gel packs, but still suck a great time. That slide is pretty intense, Adeline looks so cute.
I'm so proud of you!!! Seriously that is such a huge accomplishment. I have to bend over and breathe heavy just after walking up the stairs at work to my car!!! :) That picture of Addie going down the slide is SO funny! She is so cute!!`
Way to go girl! I 1/2 marathon ... I am IMPRESSED!!! I love your comment about Abe making the lil' one go down the slide by herself ... that's Abe alright! We miss you guys ... what are your plans for the holidays??
So you ended up running? CONGRATS! You amaze me! I hope your back is ok:) Be in touch soon!
WOW!! Way to run a marathon. I wish that I had some motivation to do that.
Way to go! That's something that I want to do someday.
I am so proud of you! Way to go!!! That is such a great accomplishment! I have to agree with everyone that Adeline looks so cute and funny on the slide. She is such an absolute doll!
Thats so wonderful! the first always feels so great, and so does the second, the third and so on. ;) I am way exited for you. Okay, so I am a horrible friend... I am getting married in 1.5 weeks and have one for you sitting on my desk at home. Only... I keep forgetting to get your address. Call me! Love ya, Penny
Wow! You are my hero! I would never be able to run that long. Way to go! And you went through a hurricane of sorts! You sound like you've been busy! Sorry about my phone number thing. We waited to get new numbers until we're in our house (this week!) so I'll call you when we get our phone in. We're taking a break from cell phones for a minute. Talk to you soon!
Oh yeah, Adeline is looking so old! I love how you do her hair!
Good job on your first 1/2 marathon! I was so worried my first one and my mom ran with me the whole time. I am sure she was dying because I run soo SLOW. Anyway, you should really try the gels when you train then you know which one will bother your stomach or if the caffeine is good or I only eat 1/2 of one at a time. Good luck on your next one!
Post a Comment