Monday, April 7, 2014

Adeline's extracurricular activities

Adeline has been playing the violin for about a year now and has only been able to work on "Twinkle Twinkle". her teacher wanted her to somewhat master it before they moved on to anything else. It was a bit frustrating for her to play the same thing over and over again. She has a love hate relationship with her violin. I have to pull teeth to get her to practice and sometimes go to her lessons. Sometimes I will just say, "Ok Adeline, you don't have to play it if you don't want to!" She will respond with, "Ok, but I still want to keep my violin". Since that is not an option, she says she still wants to play. I guess we will see if there is any real progress in the next year or not.

Horrible iphone picture of Adeline and her friend Katelyn
2014-02-25 16.51.02

2014-02-25 16.42.09-2

Here are two versions of twinkle that she had to play... although there were a handful of others!





This year, Adeline has also been doing Girl Scouts. A lot of her friends were doing it, so of course she wanted to. She enjoys attending every other week after school. I have to say though that I have not been impressed. Her leader(s) are very unorganized and seem to be a bit lazy with everything. Sometimes there will be something going on that Adeline was "invited" to, but no one will have ever told us. Here are a couple pictures of her selling cookies at the Commissary.

2014-03-01 13.11.51

2014-03-01 13.12.24


No comments: