We enjoyed a long summer and it was finally time for Adeline to head back to school last Tuesday. She was pretty excited to go back.


I suggested that I take her on her first day of school instead of ride the bus. I love her school, but I feel like it is SO disorganized! She had barely found out the name of her teacher, had no idea where in the huge school her classroom was, or who her teacher was (besides her name). It made me feel really nervous.
Off to school!

So Abe took this picture right before we left. When I got to the school and got out of the car, I realized that my TAG was sticking out of the front of my shirt. I had it on backwards! I went back to the car and had to try and flip it around before I ran her into school. Not sure where my brain is! I thought for sure this picture would have shown the tag sticking out!

When we got there, Adeline was pretty quiet and shy. She is my very independent, strong little kid that has never had problems with being brave and sticking it out. She confidently told me goodbye and I was out the door. When she got off the bus that afternoon, she exclaimed, "This was the BEST DAY EVER!". She also told me several times that Mrs. Leroy was the nicest teacher ever and maybe was even nicer than Mrs. Berlin (her Kindergarten teacher). I am very happy that she likes her teacher and knows a lot of the kids in her class. I wish I could say that she has continued to tell me that she has had the best day ever. Instead, I feel like she is constantly fighting me morning and evening. I am just crossing my fingers that it is because she has to adjust to the long days. She gets picked up by the bus just after 8am (45 minute bus ride to the Netherlands) and I pick her up at 4:15pm. It is too long for me too. I wish her day could be cut down 2 hours. Here is to hoping that my cute little 1st Grader has a wonderful year!!
3 comments:
Nicole, I am your Moms aunt Connie Figgins. I have enjoyed following your blog, but since I have just gotten my own email account (Im really getting with this new age) I have not been able to see it any more. My husband Brent has our original account, and that is how I am sending this comment. If you can, would you allow my email address. It is configgy@comcast.net. You guys are so much fun to read about.
Connie Figgins
Have a great year, Adeline!!
That is such a looong day for that cute little girl :( I wish you could cut it down two hours for her, also. At least she's the best equipped to handle it out of any kid I know! Also, OBSESSED with all those pictures of your kids in previous posts, especially of Adeline standing with hands on hips and wind in her hair!
Post a Comment