
On Monday we celebrated our 8 year wedding anniversary. I shouldn't really say we "celebrated" on Monday. We didn't really do anything on Monday, but we did go out for Sushi on Saturday night after running around all day with our heads cut off. We should probably strive to make our anniversaries a little more special.
It's fun to reflect back to the days leading up to getting married and specifically that day. The first thing that comes to my head is "total bliss". I loved every single second of it. I still love (almost) every single second of it. I feel like such a lucky girl to have found such a catch. Abe is my best friend and I truly couldn't ask for more. I love raising a family with him. We are always a good "team" and Abe is always stepping up to the plate with the kids. He always dives in to play with the kids, helps them get to bed, bathes them, gets them ready in the morning and much, much more. Of course I help with those things too, but he is always more than willing to help. He is also such a great help around the house. It is not uncommon for me to find him folding the mounds of laundry that ends up piling on our guest bed. He is also so incredibly patient with me. He makes me laugh. He kisses me no matter what when he is leaving for work in the morning (even if I am totally incoherent)When we got married I was madly in love with him and am happy to say that that has not changed, only increased.
I grew up in Utah, went to College in Utah and figured that I would never leave. From the moment we got married, we have always lived away. Surprisingly, it has been great being away. I still miss my family very much, but it has been so good for our marriage and our family. We always rely on each other. We are stronger. I always joke with Abe that it is a good thing I like him so much, because it would be miserable living in a different Country so far away from everything that I know. But it's not. It's a fun adventure that we can enjoy together. I love you so much Abe!! Happy Anniversary!!
2 comments:
This is great, I love you guys :)
So sweet! Happy Anniversary :)
Post a Comment