Oh how I loved having my parents visit. I didn't want it to end. I love our experiences here, but I really don't like being so far away from family. That is one part of the military that I hate about the military!
The Sunday that my parents were here, we thought it would be fun to go on a little bike ride around our house. It ended up being fairly short because it was pretty cold and Adeline surprisingly burnt out really fast. It was fun to ride around a little bit though. Riding our bikes has become a big part of our life here. Now that it is colder we don't ride so much, but when it is nice, we are on our bikes every day.







My parents, Norah and I drove down to Koln, Germany to explore. Norah was such a trooper tagging along with us. She is such a good little girl. I had already been to Koln once last year with Abe and the girls, but we just went to the zoo and then saw the outside of the famous Dom. The kids were spent, so we didn't even go inside. I loved being able to actually go inside this time. It was amazing!








We also walked up the 509 spiral steps to the top of the Dom, which looks over the city. Luckily I brought the ergo with me and was able to throw Norah on my back. It was a great workout for my legs!




We walked around and saw some other amazing churches surrounding the Dom.



Remains of an old roman wall

Norah's reward for being such a good girl

While they were here we visited Valkenberg, Netherlands. I love this town and it is nice that it is not too far away.






at least Meika and I are looking :)












after Valkenberg, we headed to Maastricht to go shopping. Well, we didn't really get to shop since we were with the boys, but we did get to walk around and enjoy the scenery.
Think our kids like being thrown up in the air?


And a pretty rainbow over my house when my parents were here

We miss you guys!!! Come back again soon :)
2 comments:
what a great final shot! that rainbow is amazing. glad you're getting to catch up on your blog. i need to do that, badly!
Loooooove these pictures!!!! Looks like so much fun!!! ��
Post a Comment