Saturday, December 15, 2012

Kindergarten Holiday Presentation and a heavy heart



I have such a heavy and broken heart today. I cannot stop crying! The events that went on at Sandy Hook Elementary school yesterday are so incredibly tragic. I cannot imagine what all the teachers and the little kids went through. All I can think about is my little Adeline in her kindergarten class. Like lots of other moms are thinking, this could have been HER kindergarten class. She is so little, young and innocent. She is my baby. I cannot imagine the fear and horror all the parents went through and are going through. To have to rush to your child's ELEMENTARY school in fear that your child may not be alive is so horrible. A friend that I knew in Ohio has a daughter that was good friends with one of the girls that was killed. Tragic. The only thing that has brought me some sort of peace has been this picture. Really, there are no words.



I've been hugging and kissing my kids a lot this morning. I think it is going to be harder for me to send Adeline off to school on Monday. I am not looking forward to it. I am grateful though that she is at a DOD school with high security.

On Wednesday, Adeline had a Holiday presentation. They did a really good job!! Adeline had been talking about it all month long and had been singing me all the songs. I can hardly even look at these pictures of all the kindergarteners without crying. How precious life is.

IMG_3472

Adeline's awesome teacher Mrs. Berlin
IMG_3470

IMG_3501

IMG_3493

IMG_3514

IMG_3523

IMG_3564

IMG_3571

Meika was enjoying the presentation
IMG_3575

Norah being silly hiding from me
IMG_3577
IMG_3582

My little Meika with her "bear bear" that she is obsessed with. I told Abe that we should hurry and change her out of her jammies before we left the house and he said, "Why pretend that she is always dressed up when she is not?" At least she is comfortable :)
IMG_3595

IMG_3590

We love you Adeline! You are an amazing little girl with a lot of spirit.

I have been so bad at keeping my blog up to date. I have been busy with photography and life. I feel like everyday is jam packed and no time to finish anything. I only have three more sessions to catch up on with photography and then I will update my blog with everything that has been going on the last couple of months!!

4 comments:

heidi smart said...

Cute! She looks so cute all dressed up

brandonandbecky said...

Your girls are so precious! I'm so glad my Avery got to play with Adeline and Norah back at Ryan's house. Avery really loved her! I'm sorry you're feeling sad! I'm upset too, as my children will soon be of age that we can't protect them or be with them every moment of the day, it's gonna be hard.

Thomas said...

Wonderful photos!!

Meg said...

Like you said... there are no words for that school shooting... seriously makes me sick and mad and sad and terrified. I can totally understand having a hard time sending Adeline back to school. She's darling, and I love her red dress!!