Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Goodbye usa

Crazy how fast everything is going. I felt like we had tons of time before we moved and I am now sitting at the airport. We just checked in nine pieces of luggage and Abe and Adeline are tKing chloe for a last potty breAk and fresh air before we check her. Poor thing is going to be in her kennel like 12 hours or so. We are pretty pathetic looking. Even without our nine checked bags and Chloe, we still have four carry ons, two car seats and a double stroller we are bringing on. The girls have had a lot of cabin fever the past few days from being in such a small little place, but they are great sports. If it weren't for Adelines crazy positive attitude, I would be a wreck! There was a lady at the park today and Adeline said, " we are moving to Germany today,". The lady said, " I know! You told me that yesterday and that it is going to take 80 hours!". She is so silly. She has been great so far at the airport and is extremely worried about Chloe.

The past 5 days (wel more thN that) have been a complete whirlwind. Our friend rob came in to town and snuggled up with us in our one bedroom plus a pull out couch "hotel". I feel bad because we were a bit boring, but it was really fun seeing him and spending some time together. The girls love rob! On saturday my friend Katy and I went out to a yummy lunch at UNO and then went shopping all day long at some great outlets about an hour away. I am so bummed I hadn't discovered it earlier! I loved just being able to spend the entire day with her without our kids. She has been the most amazing friend ever.

A big big bummer is that Adelines best friend Mary got really sick on Saturday and was also sick Sunday and Monday. Pretty bad timing since these are their last days together. Before we left today we let them play at the park for awhile though and I just made sure to keep sanitizing my kids. Those two girls are the cutest things ever together...like little soul mates. When Norah saw William today, she was so excited. She ran up and kissed him and then a couple minutes later went up behind him and gave him a huge hug..so Mach that they both fell over. Oh I am going to miss those guys. The other night while eating dinner I was super emotional and just kept crying. Last night And today though I have been holding up pretty well. I think mostly since this is all so surreal. So, here were are saying goodbye to USA. Off to the next chapter of our lives.

3 comments:

Thomas said...

I am sorry I made you cry when I talked to you. It made me too sad saying goodbye.....until January. Be safe and let all of us know when you arrive safe!
Mom

Meg said...

I can't believe you are on your way to Germany!! I'm so glad I got to see you and your girls this summer. I can't wait to read all about it, you guys are amazing!

Brooke said...

Best of luck on your new adventure!!