The first couple of days last week I walked and walked with the girls to try and find a park. After the 3rd day, we finally found one and the girls were in heaven. We have been to that park a couple of times now and it has been nice to let the girls do something fun. They have been stuck in their car seats a lot driving to and from base, driving out to eat and looking at houses. House hunting was very overwhelming at first because there just wasn't very much available with at least 4 bedrooms. It seemed like all the houses we wanted to look at would get rented out right before we had a chance to do so. I was really frustrated, tired, and overwhelmed that I even cried myself to sleep a couple of nights. On Monday when we were house hunting, the housing office let us know they had a new 5 bedroom listing. We did a walk through of it on Tuesday morning and LOVE IT! It is more out in the country than the rest of the houses we looked at and is pretty big. Only problem is we can't move in until November 28th and will be in a guesthouse/hotel until then. NOT looking forward to it. However, I do think it will be very worth it to wait an extra couple weeks to get something we love.
Abe had to go to an all day briefing on base Wednesday and a girl that I met through one of the GK spouses groups on Facebook came and picked the girls and I up to go to a Wild Animal Park in Gangelt, Germany. It was a lot of walking, looking at the animals, playing at a big park there and then a petting zoo area. It was nice to get out of the little guesthouse and do something for the girls.
This picture is so funny to me because I had the girls stand by this goat so I could get a picture. Right as I was taking the picture, Norah gave it a HUGE hug and completely scared the goat. It did a little buck and took off running (as I was taking the picture). It knocked her to the ground and she wasn't really phased by it. She is such a funny little nut.
Other than that, we have been trying to explore a little bit and get things checked off our to do list. Today we ventured into Sittard, NL where they have a Market that everyone has been raving about. It wasn't as big as I expected, but it had good/cheap produce that I hopefully can come and buy on a weekly basis to save some money. In the town where the market is, there are some pedestrian streets with shopping that were also fun to walk down. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I have been pretty lazy.
5 comments:
I LOVE keeping up with you Nicole! You have been on my mind nonstop since you left. I'm so glad you guys are getting settled and found a house. I cannot wait to see pictures! We miss you!
Ooooh I can't wait to come visit!!!
Nicole, so many things you are frustrated with sound familiar to me! Hang in there. I'm so glad you found a nice house.
I wish so bad that your blog showed up on my blog roll!!! I keep forgetting to check it and it's been over a week since I've seen it! Your life must seem so surreal right now. Can't wait to see pics of the house you're going to get! BTW, you don't even look a SMIDGEN pregnant in that picture with the goats! That is RIDICULOUS!!!!
Your posts could have been written by me a few months back. I remember those feelings so clearly. When I first landed here, the people we met told me to give it 4-6 months to really like it. We are now at the 4 month mark, and are definitely enjoying it a whole lot more. All of us are happy and well adjusted. It takes time to get use to things and get everything worked out. You are an amazing person, and I am sure that you will end up loving too!! Be patient and roll with it. Everything works itself out! I am so glad you found a house because that eased a LOT of stress off of me when we signed the lease. We are hoping to get up to Koln in the next month or so. Maybe we will stop to say hi!!
Post a Comment