Monday, August 8, 2011

Since You've Been Gone...

Abe has been gone to training in Alabama for almost three weeks now. The first two weeks were ROUGH. The first week I had to finish my root canal and then right away Norah got sick. She had a sinus infection and two ear infections. She didn't sleep hardly at all for 4-5 nights and it was MISERABLE! Once she was finally feeling better, of course I got sick for about 6 days. It was hard because I had to let my kids run crazy through the house while I laid miserably on the couch trying to get my pounding head any kind of relief. Even though I felt like crap, I still went and did things for my kids so that they wouldn't go completely insane. We went to farms, raspberry/blueberry picking, base splash park and we also did a day trip down to the beach in Connecticut to visit my cousins that were vacationing there. Last week I felt like we had something going on everyday whether it was babysitting other kids all day long, Adeline's birthday, I had to go up to girls camp for an entire day, etc. I am happy that we can do whatever we want this week and relax a little more.

Chip In Farms to feed the animals


New Splash Park on Base

Silly girls playing


Raspberry & Blueberry Picking at Connors Farm









Day trip to Old Lyme, Connecticut at the Beach w/ the Mairs






Drumlin Farms





The girls miss their dad and we can't wait to see him in Utah in 3 weeks! Norah asks me every day (several times a day), "Where did daddy go?" We FINALLY got our orders tonight for Germany. We were supposed to get them 3 weeks ago, but there was a slacker in charge of actually cutting the orders. After I micro managed him a little bit on Friday and today, we magically got them! We have a LOT to do. Military passports, scheduling our goods/move, selling one of our cars, getting a property manager..... the list goes on and on.

My pregnancy has been going well so far. I have felt a little more sick the second trimester, but it hasn't been too bad. I am 16 weeks and we are NOT going to find out what we are having. Adeline keeps saying that it is going to be a boy and that mommy is going to have 2 girls and 1 boy. She says that boys are fun :) I highly doubt it will be a boy, but maybe she will be right :) We miss you and love you so much Abe! Sorry it has taken me so long to get pictures up of what we've done since you've been gone!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

awww. That stinks he's gone while you're getting ready for a big move. I'm not looking forward to Derek going to SOS (assuming that's what Abe is doing). Cute, cute girls! Adeline's hair is so long!