Ten more days until I get to see Abe. Until girls get to see daddy. We all cannot wait! It has seemed like forever since we saw him. We have totally managed on our own, however it has been tough trying to get everything ready for Germany. I did not have ANY IDEA how much went into an international move. We will have 2 shipments, 1 day of storage and will also have to ship our car. We also have had to get Chloe "ready" for the move, flights booked, military passports on their way, we will need travel passports for the girls, etc. etc. etc. Thank goodness I have had friends willing to help watch my girls while I have had several appointments to schedule everything. A couple weeks ago I was sick and completely overwhelmed with everything (& had to get a root canal) and called the airlines in tears trying to change my flight to Utah to go a week earlier. Unfortunately I was going to take over $600 to change our tickets and I decided it was not worth it.
On Wednesday the girls and I flew in to Utah. I think it was almost 6 hours of flying time (plus a layover) and the girls were complete ANGELS. I was so relieved. As soon as we got to my parents house, Adeline ran inside and immediately put on her jeans, cowboy boots and begged my dad to take her on a horseback ride. She LOVES riding the horses. Norah was a little worried at first sitting on the horse and wanted to get off. As soon as my dad started riding with her, she was laughing, moving back and forth and saying "giddy up!". We have only been home (in Utah) a couple days, but it is so nice to be around family and not be doing EVERYTHING myself. My sister Sierra came in town for a handful of days so we could see her and our kids are having a blast together.
No comments:
Post a Comment