I wanted to write down two little stories so I don't forget them.
Like I said in the previous post, Adeline wants us to tell her a story every single night. She will request a princess story, doggy story, pig story, camping story, etc. Two nights ago she requested a doggy story. Prior to telling her a story I let her know that if she didn't go to bed like a big girl, I would have to take her tea set away that she just got that day. She has been obsessed with it. But night time has been really hard lately and she will whine until about 10pm. So I had warned her of that earlier because I am at loss of how to get her to bed. Anyway, so I told her a story about a doggy named Charlie that was really excited one day and he was at home by himself. He jumped up on the door and opened it on accident. He ran outside into the neighborhood and ended up getting lost. After awhile of not finding his way home he decided to say a prayer to Heavenly Father to help him find his way home. After he prayed, he walked down the street and was able to find his way home.
After I finished telling her this story she said, " If you take my tea set away from me I will have to pray to Heavenly Father and he will help me find it mommy!"
*
Yesterday in the morning I was getting ready and Adeline and Norah were both laying on my bed. Adeline jumped down and got out a church picture book out of Abe's bag that Abe's mom gave us. She started showing Norah all the pictures in the book and was telling her the stories in the pictures. One of the pages she pointed to Jesus and said, " Look Norah, this is Jesus. And this is a girl and she is sick. Jesus is going to make her better."
She is the sweetest little thing.
8 comments:
It amazes me how much they know and understand at this young age. She is so sweet! Hope you guys are loving your new home. Have you checked out any landmarks yet? You are going to have so much fun there.
Hey, did you get my email about our blog URL change? If you want it, it's www.sweetdaysofourlives.blogspot.com.I'd love to keep in touch :)
awwww!
Really sweet. So I remember going through this specific bedtime fight when Thomas was nearing 3. He would fight and fight unti l0:30 when normally we'd put him down at 8. So frustrating. I finally realized that it was his nape. Even though he still needed his nap for sure I felt like if we didn't give it to him, he'd go to bed at 7 easily and fall asleep in an instant. So now I still do that. If we want him up late and will be doing stuff, he takes a nap in the day. If not, he doesn't and has quiet time with books in his room. It's a sad day when you have to give up the nap, but it's so much better to me then fighting them until 11 with bedtime. GOOD LUCK! I hope all goes continues to go well in your new place.
So SWEET! Your little girls are so cute!
I love it... She is so smart.. I can't believe how big they are both getting...
adorable
I love these stories! I told Brandon about the first one, how Adeline's going to pray to get her tea set back - we think it's hilarious, what a sweet and smart little girl!
Hi Nicole. I miss you so much. I always read your blog, and Amanda and Sierra's. Your girls are beautiful, they look just like you! I can't beleive Sierra and Amanda are pregnant. How fun! Your family is so lucky. I hope the move went well. I would love to see you or talk to you soon. We really need to catch up.
Love,
Heather
Post a Comment