

Not sure if I mentioned this about my california trip, but Adeline decided that she was not going to stay in her crib while we were there. Needless to say, she ended up crawling out every night and falling asleep by the crack of the door ( that is after I held the door shut for a couple hours so she couldn't get out... until Mason was smart enough to tie her door shut). Anyway, since we have been home, she has not tried climbing out of her crib, but has climbed into it a couple of times. SO, we have decided to start making the transition into a big girl bed. We took the side off of her crib and she has done very well so far. This is about the 5th or 6th day doing this. She has still even taken her 2-3 hour naps everyday which makes me really happy. We did have to turn her door handle around so we can lock her in her room every night. I feel bad, but what are we supposed to do?
Hopefully our next milestone will be potty training. She know how to do it and could be 100% if she wants, but she is just too independent right now. It makes it hard because I put up a fight with her every time I go to put on a diaper. She says "No diaper!! I want big girl panties". Then she will escape from me and come back wearing big girl panties. That is FINE, if she would just go in the potty. So we are working on that right now. Hopefully the incentive to be able to wear her panties if she keeps her diaper dry will work. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! I feel like she is too young to be so independent right now. She has to pick out her bows, clothes, cups, plates, forks... your name it!
14 comments:
oh little Miss Independent!! You'll love how independent she is once the baby comes!
i love how that sling turned out. you are a very fast learner. i hope sol does as well in the big kid bed as adeline!
Oh man, I want one of those slings now! Can't you make one for me or post how you did it?? So cute. Glad that the big girl bed is going better. THat is awesome she is doing it now before baby #2 comes.
We had to put a thing on Brian's door so he wouldn't get out either. I feel bad too but if we didn't he wouldn't go to sleep:)
And just so you know Brian is SO independent too. He has to pick out everything he wears and eats and what he eats with:)
Cute sling. I like the fabric you chose. I am scared for when Isaac decides he needs everything his way. Hang in there!
Oh my gosh, will you help me make one when we are in Utah?? I wish I would have had one like that for Emerson...
Wow, looks like you guys have been quite busy
Your sling is sooo cute! I want to know how to make one too!! And just so you know your not alone with a little independent person! LOL I have one too. He has to do everything!!
From the sounds of it "independence" is in the air. Now, I have 2 Little Liss Independents and it's driving me crazy! They have to do everything themselves. When I try to help, they get mad. When I don't try to help, they get mad. Ahhh.
Hang in there...
I love that sling! Did you have a pattern for it or is it just one of your own? I hope I can become domestic enough so that I can make cute things for my family. :) HOw are you feeling?
Nicole , Absolutely wonderful pictures. We will have to plan a visit to see Brooke and Derek , and make an appoitment with you to take pictures.
- Pam Cunningham (Brookes Aunt)
Regarding the potty training.... This worked with both our kids. Take her and sit her on the toilet every hour on the hour and if she goes pee, give her an m&m. Once she gets the idea, only give her an m&m every other time, and so on until you are no longer giving her a reward. She'll eventually tell you when she has to go, but at first take her weather she says she has to go or not and be diligent about it.
That's great Adeline is making the transition to a bed! Sounds, and looks like she's doing great. I love that sling you made - very impressive!
Fun! How do you make those? I think I want one for my baby coming soon!
Post a Comment