Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Thanksgiving


This year for Thanksgiving, we headed to England so spend the Holiday with our good friends The Huber's. Our friend Rob, who is also living in England, was able to drive down and stay with the Hubers as well.

It really wasn't too bad getting to their house. It was about 3.5 hours to get to Calais, France where we loaded our car onto a ferry. It was a nice 1.5 hour break from driving. The girls spent time looking out the window at the ocean and running around in the lounge. It was during lunchtime, so I just packed lunches for everyone and that also took up some time.

2013-11-27 12.45.54

IMG_9939

IMG_9944

As you are coming into Dover in the UK, you have a pretty good view of the white cliffs. It was REALLY foggy that day and we couldn't see them very well.

IMG_9947

I'm mad at myself because I didn't take any pictures on Thanksgiving. Brooke took a couple that I stole :) She had the kids decorate cupcakes for Thanksgiving and also had a couple more darling crafts the kids were able to enjoy!

IMG_4217

IMG_4294


2013-11-28 19.44.52

That night, we took a walk to their local park and let the kids play for a little bit. It was pitch dark and wet, so we didn't last very long. Here is a picture of all of headed to the park.

2013-11-28 16.15.44-2

Thanksgiving day was a success and the food was so yummy. I love that we have good friends close by that we can spend the Holidays with since we can't be near our family. In the military, our friends become our family.

We spend most of the weekend hanging out and enjoying each other's company. The weather was not ideal, but we did get out a little bit.

They don't live too far from Cambridge, so we headed there for one of the days.

IMG_9949

IMG_9950

IMG_9953

IMG_9954-Edit

IMG_9958

IMG_9959

IMG_9961-Edit

IMG_9964

Pretty sure Rob was being tormented by all the kids the entire time begging him for piggyback rides and choking him with their gloves. What a good sport!

IMG_9966

IMG_9968-Edit

IMG_9973-Edit

IMG_9974

IMG_9975

IMG_9976

IMG_9977

IMG_9986

The most awesome candy store. It was like Willy Wonkas Chocolate Factory!

IMG_9987

IMG_9989

Abe bought this ginormous sucker for Meika because "she really wanted it!" Hmmm... not the best idea ;)

IMG_9993

Cute little market that goes on everyday

IMG_9996

The next day we headed to this amazing park with tons of fun stuff for the kids. Of course it was freezing cold and a little rainy, but the kids still had fun. I would love to go back in the summer!

IMG_9998

IMG_0001

IMG_0012

IMG_0021

IMG_0042

IMG_0058

IMG_0063

IMG_0081

IMG_0085

IMG_0089

IMG_0095

IMG_0102

IMG_0106

The night before we left we went to this super yummy restaurant. Abe and I say all the time how much we crave it. They even had free refills, free water and ICE!! Love that! What a great weekend!

20131130_190201

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I just saw this post! You took way more pictures than me! I may need to steal some of yours. ;) Glad you guys had a good time. It was great having you here and showing you around a bit. Wish the weather would have been better!