Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Halloween



I am way behind once again on blogging. Hopefully in the next couple of days I can find time to post about my parents visit and our trip to Greece.

We got back from our vacation to Greece extremely late the night before Halloween. I still wasn't done sewing Adeline's costume, so had to spend the entire day while she was at school finishing it. Luckily I barely got it done just in time to get ready for the trunk or treat. There is an Army base about 25 minutes away and they put together a big trunk or treat every year for the military. Since Halloween is an American holiday, it is nice that we can still celebrate it here a little bit.

When Adeline and Norah told me they wanted to be Ariel and Jasmine, I was not to thrilled. I started collecting some fabric and had my mom pick me up some from Joann's since she was coming to visit. I was pleased with the outcome of their costumes, although I think the wigs are what really made the costumes!


Here are the girls showing off their costumes...

IMG_7248


IMG_7231

IMG_7228

IMG_7239

IMG_7223

IMG_7216

Our friend Kelsey joined us for the trunk or treat since her husband was out of town. The girls loved trick or treating with Blake and Grant! Thanks for the pictures Kels!

IMG_6877

IMG_6881

IMG_6884

IMG_6875

The Friday after Halloween, Adeline's school had a "Storybook Parade", since they celebrated "Reading Week" all week long. I think that it is great they named it something else and brought it into the curriculum so they could celebrate Halloween in a round about way. After all, the kids just want to be able to wear their costumes to school! Abe,Norah, Meika and I headed over to the school so we could watch Adeline walk around in the Storybook Parade.


IMG_7264

IMG_7274

IMG_7287

No comments: