Saturday, April 16, 2011

Spring, Bowling, 1st Dentist Appointment, 15 Month Apointment

I am SO SICK of the winter weather and we finally have had a couple of days that feel like spring. It doesn't look like Spring yet though. Hopefully in the next week or two! I have enjoyed being able to actually take the girls on walks to the park again and not having to wear a winter jacket. I feel like Norah has not really been able to go exploring outside ever since the last time the weather was nice she couldn't walk and in the winter... well, she hated the snow.

Random picture of Adeline's "white" hair as she calls it. It is getting so long!

The girls love each other so much and it is so cute. They are becoming little buddies.

Adeline has been spending a lot of time with her partner in crime, Mary. They are the cutest little buddies and love each other so much. We took them bowling and they had a good time, but mostly just wanted to run around and play with each other.



Adeline had her first dental appointment. I talked about it with her for awhile before her actual appointment and she wasn't very excited about it. She was so brave though and was extremely calm through the entire experience. I was happy I took her to a pediatric dentist because they did a great job in catering to kids and doing baby steps. Adeline was silent the entire time and didn't say anything while they were cleaning her teeth. When they were done, she said she was hot and that her tummy really hurt. At first I was worried she was sick or something until I realized she had just been extremely worried and nervous about the situation. As soon as they were done and gave her a prize, she started talking up a storm and that was it! She amazes me because even though she REALLY doesn't want to do something sometimes and is nervous about it, she still acts totally calm and doesn't freak out. I am thankful for that!


The dental hygienist gave Adeline some gloves, a mask and then of course a toothbrush, toothpaste and floss to bring home. She played "dentist" on all of us several times in the days following her appointment. She must have been really impressed by the dentist because she says that's what she wants to be when she grows up now!

Last but not least, cute little Norah had her 15 month appointment. Her doctor isn't the best at informing me what her stats are, but I do know that she is now 18lbs 4oz and that puts her in the 4th percentile. She is still a little peanut. She is all of the sudden a little toddler and has quite the personality. Her sense of humor reminds me so much of Adeline's.

Words that Norah can say:
---
Mommy
Daddy
Chloe
Dog
Adeline (aye aye)
Baby
Potty
Naughty
Drink
All done
All gone
Cookie
Up
Down
Poo Poo
Pee Pee
Stinky
Milk
Bye Bye
Hi
Night Night
Outside
Eye
No
Grandpa
Grandma
Nana
Go
Cheese
Ball
Belly
Belly Button
don't know
where go?
boo
Bite
Mary
Pretty
tickle tickle

Norah
----
loves to go outside
loves playing with babies
obsessed with Chloe
Started "fake" whining and pouting. You should see her lip. Sometimes cute, but not so much anymore :)
Sleeps through the night
Has a big sweet tooth already :(
Says "no" in reply to everything even when she means yes
Learning several new words every day
loves dressing up. She constantly brings me this little snow white dress to me to get her in
loves coloring
listens to commands... "go get me a diaper", "pick that up", "throw that away", "show daddy", etc. etc.
has a pretty funny sense of humor
loves her sister Adeline
loves swings and her little push car she rides in
still sweet as ever

3 comments:

Nicole Lambert said...

Your girls are adorable!! Glad your finally starting to get some good weather :)

Sew Tiny said...

such cute little nieces, I love them so much! Adeline's hair is getting so long! My kids went to the dentist on Thursday. Can't wait to see you guys!!

Meg said...

I LOVE that picture of Adeline's hair - it's beautiful, I had no idea it was so long. It was fun to read about Norah...sounds like she's turning into quite the little talker, such a fun age. I wish we could have talked longer the other day - miss you and hope your flight home went okay!