Saturday, December 18, 2010

North Conway, NH

A couple of months ago we planned a trip to NYC to go see the Christmas tree, FAO Swartz, Macy’s windows, etc. I have been looking forward to going until about the week before we were supposed to leave. We had some friends visit the week before we were supposed to go and it was crazy. I expected it to be crazy, but didn’t realize that it would most likely be more work than fun. Our girls had both been sick and Norah ended up having Bronchiolitis and had to get breathing treatments the day before we were supposed to leave….. ya not good for taking your kids to NYC and having them outside in the freezing cold!! So we cancelled our reservations and made new ones in North Conway, NH. We stayed at a hotel that had an indoor water park in it. Adeline was in HEAVEN and Norah also loved it. It was so fun just to get away and be together.

{getting all warm for a night on the town!}


{fun day at the water park}



{cute little Norah being silly}


Before we headed back home, we decided to take the girls on a Santa train ride. It was snowing a ton (the first we’ve seen this year) and the girls had so much fun. Little elves brought us hot chocolate and cookies and then Santa came and visited. Adeline got to sit on his lap and tell him what she wants for Christmas. I think that was the 4th time she has sat on his lap this year. Luckily she said she wanted the same thing again… an Ariel princess dress.

{as we were leaving the hotel, it started snowing like crazy! First snow we've seen this year :) }


{Santa's Train Ride}






2 comments:

Meg said...

So fun! I wish we had stuff like that here...Beck would love the train ride! I hope Norah's doing better - Ingrid's currently having breathing treatments 3-4 times a day, no fun having a baby who can't breath! I loved your Christmas card this year, you guys have a great Christmas!

Laurie said...

I hope Norah is feeling better. I am sorry to hear about the canceled trip, but it looks as if you had more fun in NH anyways. Sometimes NYC this time of year can be crazy.