Monday, November 29, 2010

California

I absolutely HATE being away from my family! My sisters both live about a mile away from each other and get to see each other just about every day. I wouldn't say that I would necessarily want to live in California, but I would LOVE to live right by them :) As soon as Amanda had her baby and Sierra would be having hers, I knew I needed to book tickets and get my butt out there. So that is what I did. It was actually perfect timing because Sierra had her baby about 2 weeks before I came out, so I was able to meet both the babies. We had so much fun and I feel like it was Adeline's dream trip. She was able to see her Grandparents, play with her cousins, go to the beach, Johanna's Birthday Party, YogurtLand, movie at the Theatre with Grandpa & Jojo, kid concert at the park, etc. Her and Jojo are pretty much solemates and have a blast together. They entertain each other 24/7 when they are together. Wouldn't it be nice if we lived closer... I'm glad they love each other so much. I was out there for a week, but it flew by and felt like 2 days. I was so happy that my parents were also able to be there and I could spend time with them!! I was pretty nervous to fly with both the girls across the country, but they did extremely well. I really don't know how since it was two very long flights, but I am thankful for it.

One night we ran out and took some pictures. I am SO happy we got one with all the little cousins :)





Johanna's Birthday Party






The Beach








Fountains at the mall



Special attention from Great Grandma Dofi...



Baby Dylan (Sierra's newest Addition)

Baby Claire (Amanda's)

Hanging out with my sisters and their darling kids/babies :)

Breakfast w/ Karen and meeting cute little Marissa for the first time!



Dancing at a kid concert..... so fun for me to watch. Adeline was in Heaven

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this post. It was so much fun being together!
Mom

The Waites said...

So fun!! We loved having you in town!! What a blast. I wish you lived here too! :( Your girls are just the sweetest little things. Love them. Love you!

Meg said...

Looks like an awesome trip! I can't imagine how hard it must be to live so far away - hopefully you'll be closer soon. I love all the pictures and especially that last video. Adeline and Jojo are so stinking cute together!

Katie said...

What a fun trip! Your kids and your sisters' kids are all adorable!

Brittany said...

Glad you survived the flights! You and your sisters look so much alike. We miss you guys. Abby still talks about your girls!

Campbell Family said...

Oh, I miss you guys SOOO much, why did that have to go by so quickly? I love watching the girls together, I'm so happy you got those videos.

The Davis' said...

I am so happy we were able to meet up! Your kiddos are so adorable!! Hope to meet up with you again soon! :)

Christi said...

LOVE all your posts. Your girls are so freaking cute! Seriously. And I am loving the family pics. You have to check out my friends blog. She was in CA and went to the petting zoo and I swear her daughter was doing the same thing as Adeline. Check it out - http://www.scottandchelseybell.blogspot.com/. Scroll and you will see the video. Super similiar. Miss you guys! Hope to see you at Christmas!