Sunday, June 6, 2010

Waengersheek Beach



Yesterday we headed up to Waengersheek Beach, which is about 40 miles North of Boston. I LOVED the beach. The water was surprisingly clear, the beach was nice and clean and the water was pretty shallow for awhile so the kids could run into it and stuff. Definitely was not warm by any means, but the kids still liked it. Our plan was to hang out on the beach, let the kids play and then grill out on the beach for dinner. Well, it started to thunder and rain and so we spent awhile underneath our umbrella until it passed. It finally passed and the weather was beautiful after; we even saw a rainbow. HOWEVER, the rain stirred up the biting nats or something and they were swarming us. I was trying to defend Norah and swatting them off Adeline and I thought I was going to go crazy because I kept feeling little bites all over my body. After about 30 minutes of trying to endure it and just finishing up cooking our chicken, we decided to pack up and head for the car. We stopped at Wendy's on the way home for dinner. Not quite a beach BBQ, but totally worth it at that point. All in all, we had a fun time at the beach! Next time it starts raining, we will just leave! Lesson learned.





6 comments:

The Waites said...

How fun! You guys have such a good time! I wish I lived there to adventure with you!! xoxo

AshlieM said...

Looks so fun! I am so jealous of you with all your little fun trips!!

Campbell Family said...

Jo just said, "I want to go there with Adeline someday when she goes there again!" So cute!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! It looks like Adeline and Emerson run the same, with the crazy swinging side arm pumping them along!

Carley and Chad Evenson said...

so much fun! i love your little adventures.

Ryan, Karen, Owen, and Ava said...

What a bummer! Your girls are looking so cute. That baby is getting so old already.

brandy said...

The East Coast has so many cool things to offer. Glad you guys are making the most of your time there. I saw on your photography blog that you are headed back to Ohio! How fun! I didn't think I would miss Ohio as much as I do. Love the pictures, especially the one with the rainbow!