Since Abe had an extra day off, we decided to take a little road trip with the girls. Friday and Saturday night we camped right outside of Acadia National Park in Maine. It was so pretty. It was a little stressful camping with Norah. She did VERY well the entire trip; except for being in her car seat and sleeping at night. Every little peep she made at night I had to attend to her so all the other campers right around us wouldn't hear her.




All day Saturday we spent time in Acadia National Park and went on a 3 mile hike. We thought that was the perfect distance. LIttle did we know that the first half was completely up hill and you had to climb up rocks and stuff. Adeline did the first half by herself and did such a good job. Since we were at the pace of a 2 year old for most of the time, the hike took us several hours. The park is on an island, so our hike had beautiful views of the ocean. That night we spent a little time walking around the town of Bar Harbor, which was really neat with a bunch of shops. We had tin foil dinners both nights and they actually turned out really good!

by the end of our hike Abe had Adeline on his shoulders and Norah on his back. Chloe was pretty miserable and was hurting,so I was carrying her.

there were a bunch of people on the hike with walking sticks. Adeline found this one and was walking with it. It was pretty funny- and annoying because she would walk VERY slowly and carefully place her walking stick in the ground. We were a little impatient :)

Here's Adeline at the Peak of our hike





On Sunday night we drove down to Portland, Maine. When we got to the hotel we let Adeline swim for a bit before we went to dinner. It was pretty funny because by the time we got our stuff in the hotel room, Adeline was naked and searching for her swimsuit because she was so excited. After our swimming session we went to a floating restaurant on a boat so we could get some good seafood. They were having a twin lobster special, so that is what we both ordered. It was SO good. I think next time I will only order one though. I was stuffed after eating two of them and it was a lot of work!



Monday we went to Old Orchard Beach in Maine. It was TOTALLY white trash, but so fun. They had carnival rides on the beach and Adeline was obsessed. We also spent a little time on the beach. They didn't allow dogs so we stuck Chloe in the back seat of our stroller and sat at the back of the beach and tried to hide her under our umbrella. We didn't get caught thankfully. Adeline of course loved digging in the sand and being in her swimsuit. We walked down the pier and got some yummy ice cream before we headed back home. It was a fun getaway!


8 comments:
I can't get enough of these pictures! I love the fact that you take your family on such fun adventures. Looks like you guys have begun exploring the east coast!
Mom
that looks like it was a lot of fun!! You guys are already out exploring the surrounding areas - that's what I want to do so bad. Jealous!!
Your little family is seriously the cutest. I love all the updates and I am so happy you guys are having such a good experience out there already!
What a fun little getaway! Exploring new areas is the best!! Seeing all your pictures makes me miss the mountains! It is so beautiful back there.
I love the pics! Adeline is such a cute little bug!!! I miss her (and the rest of you!!)
xoxo
That looks like so much fun. What a pretty place.
Tell Abe he's my hero.... one kid on his shoulders and the other in the backpack..... wow. Maybe one of these days, I can come for a visit and go on a hike like this with you guys!
You manage to do a lot of fun things with that cute little family of yours. I'm impressed Norah did well camping. Heard you're going to be in Utah. Sure hope I get to see you and those adorable little girls!
Post a Comment