Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baby update, New Car, Halloween...

My mom told me this morning that it was about time I update my blog. I really have been a slacking blogger. It has been the last thing on my priority list since I have been so busy. Hopefully my life will settle down so I can start "nesting" for this baby.

Today I am 33 weeks pregnant. I just got back from an Ultrasound, Stress Test, and appointment. Welcome to another weekly "chore" I have to do EVERY WEEK! They have been a little concerned because I measure small, and the baby is in a small percentile. So lets just say they are watching her closely to make sure they don't have to take her out any time soon. So far, so good. The Smarts and Barkers just have small babies. And don't worry, I gained a whopping 4lbs, THIS WEEK! I must have eaten way too much Halloween candy. Plus I guess it's about time I start packing on the lbs.

We also purchased a Saturn Outlook about two weeks ago. We drove all the way to Chicago to pick it up and I LOVE it!


The week of Halloween Adeline and I made my Great-Grandma's famous sugar cookies. Adeline LOVES helping me do everything and she really likes helping bake cookies because she feels entitled to several when they are done.






Halloween was a lot of fun for Adeline this year. Her friends came over for dinner and then they all went trick or treating together. She had been anticipating Halloween for quite some time now and would always say, "you knock on the door... and then, trick or treat!"





Lately, when she has to go potty she runs to the bathroom yelling "don't let Chloe eat my food!" Its true that Chloe is a threat when it comes to protecting one's food. She is always really worried about it. Another thing she has been saying lately is "don't leave me!" She'll say it really sad and make us feel bad when we are putting her down for a nap or bedtime. She is such a good girl and is at such a fun age right now. I love it!

12 comments:

Brooke said...

aww, I can picture Adeline saying that "don't leave me"...sad! But, on a happier note, that pic of Abe and the "girls" is GREAT!!!! Hope your appointments went okay today....

Tracy said...

Such a cute costume! She is seriously so adorable!

I'm bad at updating my blog too, mostly because everything lately seems to be such a downer. Can't wait until I can write an upbeat and happy post!

I hope everything continues to go well with your pregnancy and that your baby girl starts growing a little more. Keep us posted! :)

Ashley said...

I love the car so much! I'm jealous, someday we'll get something with a little more room. Sorry about having to go to the doctor every week for a stress test. W H A T a pain. Good that they can monitor it though. Can't wait to mee baby #2! So close. I love Adelines costume so much. It's one of my favorites I've seen all year.

~Conradis~ said...

I love her cute costume! Congrats on the new car! And we "bloggers" that keep up with you Barkers would appreciate a belly picture!

Campbell Family said...

Adeline looks so old to me in these pictures, she is so darn cute! Jo has that same dress but in blue (stripes & polka dots). Too funny. Glad the ultrasound went okay.

Meg said...

I love Adeline's costume - she is so so cute! And I think it's hilarious that she worries about Chloe eating her food. I'm happy to hear things are okay with the baby, keep us posted. AND, I can't believe you're moving to Boston...well, I can cause you had said you probably would, but still, it seems so far away. Should be fun though, to live back east for a little bit.

Christi said...

I've been curious about those cars. Which other car did you give up or do you have 3? We def need to catch up soon!!!

AshlieM said...

Adeline looks so cute in her costume! Good luck with all of the appointments! When I had Ty I had to go in a lot in the end too, it stinks but at least you know that the baby will be good!

Amy (Jones) & Lance Engberson Family said...

Adeline was such a cute little witch! I really loved her costume. Glad to hear that all is going well with everything. I really like your new car. I can't wait to see pics of your cute new little addition. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy...Keep us all posted!

Carley and Chad Evenson said...

i LOVE that car. if chad wasn't so stinking cheap and would have bought me a new car i totally would have picked that one! adeline... soo cute!

Tanna said...

I'm glad to hear that things are ok with the baby. And don't feel bad, I'm horrible about updating my blog too. Been doing better lately but life happens sometimes...:)

Laurie said...

I love the outfits!! Too cute. I also think it is great that Adeline loves to help with the cooking. She will always remember the fun times of cooking with mom.