Just thought I would update on our Europe trip so far... mostly b/c I need to document this crazy experience. So we are supposed to be flying to Germany and were planning on meeting my sister Amanda & husband Mason there. From there we are going to travel to several different countries. They bought actual plane tickets and flew out yesterday. We on the other hand were planning on flying Space A travel, which pretty much is hopping on a military cargo plane free of charge. The plane we wanted to get on usually leaves Monday, so that is when we were going to leave. Pretty last minute we found out it was leaving Friday instead b/c of the Labor Day weekend. Luckily my mom had already flown out to watch Adeline, so we heading onto the base terminal at 1pm on Friday (yesterday). We were supposed to leave at about 2pm.... well, the plane kept breaking over and over and they kept pushing the flight time. Finally after 11 hours of sitting there they cancelled the flight. Great. There was one other guy trying to get to Germany with us, so I guess we made a new friend. We had him sleep over at our house last night, and then we all drove 9 hours together to get to Dover, Delaware to try to catch flights out of here. It is now 11:15pm ( Saturday) and we still are not sure if we are going to make it on a flight. The terminal is PACKED with people. I am just hoping we can get 2 out of the 30 seats available.... even though there are WAY more people here than that.
So wish us luck. Hopfully we won't have to sleep in a chair or something tonight w/ no flights. Luckily I am not a miserable 6 month pregnant person or this would be REALLY rough.
10 comments:
Ahhh!! I can only imagine how frustrated you are! We're so sorry! Don't give up! It will all be worth it. We can't wait for you to get here already!!!!
Xoxo
i've been wondering how it's been going...good luck and i hope things turn out well!!
Bummer! You are only an hour an from us! Let us know if you need a place to crash if that doesn't work out!! Hope you have fun!
Dover is usually pretty good, they have the most flights regularly going to Germany, and on your way home just worry about getting to the East Coast and renting a car to get back to Dover. Also, just for future info., September is terrible to try to catch a hop because everyone wants to go to Oktoberfest. Have fun in Europe!!!
that stinks so bad! I hope everything worked out! Hope you guys have fun!
hopefully you're there by now. I was wondering how those space a flights would work out for you guys. I'm sure it will all be an adventure and you'll have fun no matter what. Good luck with everything!!
What a pain. Some things in life are never easy. Traveling is one of those things. Just don't give up. I hope by now you are there and having a great time though.
Good luck getting to Europe! I hate waiting for planes...it is very lucky you aren't miserable at 6 months pregnant. Can't wait to see pictures from your trip - have fun!
Wow, what a pain. I hope you make it! Keep us updated!
I don't know if you are still in Europe or if you can get to a computer, but I hope the trip is going well or went well and I can't wait to hear all about it!
Post a Comment