Before we left, we were able to get a couple more games of Settlers of Catan in with our friends Chad and Carley. I don't think I have ever been so obsessed with a game. I have become pretty good friends with Carley and am going to miss her!
We also got a visit from Amanda right before we moved. It was so nice to see her and for her to be able to spend a little more time with Adeline. I really wanted to go to the Beach before we left, so that is what we did. Surprisingly, Adeline loved her feet in the sand and enjoyed it. I was so lucky that I only lived 3 1/2 hours from Sierra and Amanda and could go and visit them on the weekend if I wanted to. It is going to be hard to live so far away from family!
On our way to Ohio, we stopped in Utah for a couple of days so we could see our families. It worked out perfectly too because we were able to go to Roni's surprise birthday party. We had to drive both of our cars to Ohio, so we picked up Abe's dad in Utah to help us drive. It was so nice having an extra driver so I could tend to Adeline!
Our next stop was in Cheyenne, Wy where we stayed at Seth and Sarah's house and got to see their new little baby boy. They live on base and had such a nice house. I loved our visit there, but Sarah probably was happy to get rid of us. By this time, we had already been traveling for 3 full days in the car and Adeline's schedule was so screwed up. She about cried every hour through the night.....fun, fun.
Here is a "good" moment of Adeline in her car seat. I sat in the back with her a lot so I could try to entertain her and get her to stop screaming.
Our next stop was Omaha, Nebraska and then Nauvoo, IL. We went to the temple in Nauvoo, IL and it was so pretty. There were so many tulips that were in full bloom and the weather was just right. We sat on the grass and played with Adeline a little bit. She had a "blow out" through her pants on the grass in front of the temple, so we had to get her naked and change her diaper right there. I would post the picture that we took of her, but it would probably be inappropriate. It was pretty hilarious.
A couple days after we arrived to Ohio, my mom flew out to help us paint. We honestly painted about every day that she was here until midnight. Our house looks so much better now and I love the colors we painted. They are a lot better than red, forest green, lime green, yellow, orange/brown, etc. Abe has almost finished our new flooring too, so our house is looking different. I will have to post pictures when we are done. The week my mom was here went so fast and I already miss her!
We are pretty much settled in and Adeline is a lot happier now. Since we arrived here two weeks ago, she has learned to wave, clap and taken her first steps. She is growing up so fast!
As far as me making our blog private, I am still deciding. Family members and friends don't all have google accounts, so it may be more of a headache. I will let you know if I do!
13 comments:
Yay!!! I've been waiting and waiting for a new post and was so happy to see it!!! :) I cannot wait to see pics of the new place. How exciting!!! I can't believe Addie took her first steps!!
Welcome to the butt crack of America...the river cities! ha! Your trip out sounds like it was adventurous. Can't wait to see the finished product of your house. Also, I just went private, and you don't have to have google accounts, I don't think, you just have to have an email address. Email me if you have questions.
Oh man, Congratulations on making the move. That is so hard to do with a kid I am sure. Sounds like you stopped a lot of places. Settlers is an awesome game, but you should get the cities and knights expansion. It makes it so much better, and there are so many other way to get points.. Now Nolan and I can't just play plain settlers. Anyways, it is so fun. We got it six years ago, and still have fun everytime we play. Post more pictures of the house, way to go getting all the work done so fast. So Smart!
Sound like you had quite the adventure. I can't believe that your little girl is taking steps. I keep joking that I am going to have to buy Chase a Jazzy scooter because I don't know if he will ever crawl or walk, all he does is roll around on the floor. Glad that you got moved ok, and look forward to seeing pictures of the new place.
Yay! It's good to hear from you! I love that picture of Addie on the steering wheel. Driving and walking! Nice! I can't wait to see the finished product of your beautiful house! Call me when you get a spare second!
I can't believe how big Adeline seems! :) She looks so cute with her two little teeth! I'm so glad that you posted! I've been checking everyday! :) Good to talk to you the other day! Can't wait for more posts! :)
What an adventure across the country! I can't wait to see how the new place looks. Let us know if you are ever in Chicago or if you want to come for a girls weekend! I would love to see you and meet Addie!
so glad to see you finally post again. Can't wait to see more pics of your house!!!
I'm glad you made it safe to your new home. It's hard leaving family and friends behind. I hope you adjust okay. I'm still adjusting and it will probably take me awhile since I'm such a homebody and close to my family. Your little girl is so cute and you look so good!! I love your hair long and blonde. When we hung out it was short and brown. You look good anyway though.
Congratulations on your new house!!! I wish we could have seen each other when you passed through Utah but I bet you were busy with family. I hope you are having a great adventure!!! I love to see pictures of Adeline.
Nicole how exciting to finally be settled in Ohio! How are you liking it so far?? I am going to be going through the same awkwardness in about 5-6 weeks!! We head out to Texas on July 2nd.
We are going out in a week too for three days to find, and then buy a place. Good fun. LOL
That is so cute that she took her first step!! And yes Roman is getting around like a crazy man now.
I am glad you did an update! I loved reading about your latest adventures:) I am glad you are getting settled! I can't wait to see pictures of your new house! I am sure the paint job looks great. That is a lot of work!! I hope you like the Midwest. It is a great place, I promise!
i really miss settlers of...i mean you too nicole. i'm board out of my mind and my tennis has gone to crap. glad your doing good though!
Post a Comment