Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This Week....

It's been awhile since my last post and life has been a little bit crazy. First of all, Adeline has been pretty sick. She had a fever for four days, so I finally took her to the doctor just to find out she had a horrible ear infection. She also has a runny nose and a cough. Not to make it worse or anything, but 2 days ago her entire body had a horrible rash all over it that just kept getting worse. Yesterday we went to the doctor again, and found out that she is allergic to the antibiotic they put her on. Her rash is gone now, she is just still miserable....oh, I also think she is teething.....fun huh?! This week we have also been trying to prepare for our move since the packers are coming this Monday. I can't believe it is almost here!! Today, tomorrow and Friday I told my friend I would watch her little 23 month old since her day care provider is not available this week. Today was my first day taking care of her. She was actually pretty good and we had a good time, BUT Let's just say that I would NOT recommend having two kids right on top of each other. It is HARD!!

OK, here are a couple of pictures from this week.


Tonight I made Sugar Cookies. Tomorrow night is Abe's last MBA class since we are moving, so he suggested I make cookies. Remember when our mom's would make us cupcakes or something to take to class for our birthdays?? It seems kind of like that:) Haha. The recipe is actually my Great-Grandma's recipe and they are GOOD. My mom called me today and told me she is not doing too well and may not make it....so another reason to make them.

Here is the recipe for all you Bakers:
GREAT GRANDMA ANDERSON'S SUGAR COOKIES
3 C. Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 sticks butter
1 C. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Mix the first 3 ingredients in a bowl. Cut the butter in as for pie crust. Mix the last 3 ingredients in a bowl and then add to the flour/butter mixture. Roll out and cut. Bake 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Let cool then frost with icing. ENJOY!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

I was glad to see you post a recipe. I love sugar cookies, especially recipes without sour crem in it, so I am excited to try it. I hope that things start going better for you guys and your little girls stars feeing better. That is so miserable. I know how you feel about babysitting, I use to watch a little girl that was 9 months Thomas' junior and it wasn't the best experience! Good luck moving, can't wait to hear about it all!

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious the question is, what recipe do you use for your frosting? By the way Addie is adorable, she totally has your eyes and I love it!

Maggi said...

That cracks me up that Abe wanted to take cookies - he's so funny! Adeline is such a cutie! I love her skinny little legs!!!

Maggi said...

That cracks me up that Abe wanted to take cookies - he's so funny! Adeline is such a cutie! I love her skinny little legs!!!

Creel Family said...

I can't beleive you are moving so soon! I miss you too! I wish I could be around to help. Those cookies look good and as always, Adeline is so cute! Keep in touch and let me know how the move goes.

Katy said...

I'm sorry Adeline hasn't been feeling well. There is nothing worse than a sick baby. Good luck with your move.

Maria said...

YUM! Those cookies look great. I hope your grandma is ok! Thanks for sharing her recipe!! You are such a super wife/mom!

Heaps said...

Your cookies look awesome! I want to bake them right now, but since it is 10:00 at night I'll have to wait. I thought you had them laid out on your kitchen floor! Until I realized it was your counter top. Ha ha