Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy 2008!! We had a great time over the Holidays. We drove all the way to Utah to be with family over Christmas and the New Year. While we were there we had a lot of fun. We mostly just spent the time hanging out with our family and playing games. We did get to go to a Ute Basketball game and go snowboarding, which was a lot of fun. On our drive to Utah, Abe was able to go to the BYU bowl game. Adeline and I couldn't go because it was too cold. Abe even ran on the field by himself when the game was over!! The week and a half that we were in Utah, it seemed like Adeline grew up so much. She is sitting up a lot better (not on her own), she is getting better at eating her rice cereal, she is talking a lot, and she is super happy! Here will be a medely of pictures once again. Hope you all had a great Christmas!

Adeline with her cousins Emma and Audrey

The three youngest cousins: Adeline, Stella and Mayzee on Christmas Eve

Roni and Adeline on Christmas morning

Abe taking Lily-Kate and Jake sledding behind the 4 wheeler

Grandma Smart (De-de) and Addie at the Smart party on Christmas night

Alicia, Cannon, Adeline and I

Eating breakfast with Grandpa Smart


My mom, Amanda and Adeline at the Utah Basketball game

After the game, it was so cold outside that we zipped Adeline up in Abe's jacket. It worked pretty well!

Me, Maria and Adeline

Me and Abe snowboarding at the Park City ski resort!

We spent New Years at Maggi's house (Abe's sister) with a lot of his family. We just ate food and played Guitar Hero.....except there was also a microphone for singing and drums. It was quite entertaining. Abe got so into it that he took of his shirt!! Haha


Highlights of 2007
*********

-Going to Oahu, Hawaii for our "babymoon"

-Amanda and Mason getting married. Another brother-in law, woo-hoo!!

-Adeline's birth on August 3rd, 2007 (5 days late!)

-2 week trip to Utah when Adeline was 3 weeks old to see the Barker and Smart families. We also got to spend time at the cabin. Adeline was able to meet her Great-Great Grandma.

-Birth of cousin Stella (Maggi's baby)

-Thanksgiving in Palm Springs. Had a ton of fun with family and Chloe almost died!!

-Abe got accepted into AFIT and we will be moving to OHIO!!!

7 comments:

Creel Family said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun and a great year! I'll call you soon to hear all about your trip!

Ashley said...

Man I wish we could have a reunion! You little girl is adorable, I love all your pictures.

Meg said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful trip to Utah - I'm so sad we missed each other! I love the pictures :)

Tyler and Emily said...

Wow! How exciting that you are moving. I'm so jealous that you got to go skiing at Park City. We didn't go home for Christmas and I'm dying without the snow!

Mindy said...

I'm glad you had a good holiday! Looks like Adeline will have several cousins around her age, cute pics!

Maria said...

Great update! I am glad I got to see you!! I wish you could visit more often!!

Ashley said...

Oh yeah, settlers of catan is the best too, but only with the cities and knights expansion. It would be fun to play good old ticket to ride together online. Let me know if you do it!