Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving :)







What a weekend! We headed down to Palm Springs for Thanksgiving to be with family. Times are usually pretty relaxing when we go there. We did have a couple stressful things happen however. It took us 8 hours to get there because of traffic when it normally takes 4. By the time we got there, I came down with Mastitis and was sick. That night, Chloe (our pug) got really sick. She was throwing up and had weird bumps all over her. Not too long after that, she was not responding and was about to fall over when she would try to get up. So on Thanksgiving, we took her to the emergency vet and she went into shock. Her heart rate was down and her body temperature was down. The vet began to tell us that Chloe was really sick and she was going to die if we didn't leave her there. 24 hours, IV's, Plasma, Shots, Heating mechanisms, an incision and $1400 later, Chloe is ALIVE! Holy cow, it was crazy.....and expensive :)

We had a blast with the family though.

Check out my slideshow in the next post. We took some family pictures!

3 comments:

Brian and Jackie said...

Sounds like fun!!! I love the pictures. Where are you moving to? We love where we live.

Mindy said...

Cute family pictures! I have to give you guys credit because I'm not sure I would pay that much to keep my dog alive (if I had a dog). Maybe that's why I don't have a dog. I'm glad she is okay though.

Creel Family said...

I am glad you had fun with your family! Your family pictures are so cute! I am sorry you and your dog were sick. How horrible! I hope everyone is feeling better!